Wednesday, February 25, 2009

19th Hole Wines in LA as Lefty wins at Riviera

I had the pleasure of watching the Los Angeles Open Wednesday through Friday. I set up a 19th Hole wine club event on Thursday which gave me a valid excuse to be in Los Angeles.
The players love this gem of a golf course. It's beautiful, straight forward, steeped in history and challenges these guys with all the shots and usually fine weather.

I spent most of my time watching my friend Michael Allen play with two super players, Vaughn Taylor and Bill Haas. I was most impressed with Luke Donald who was the group in front of us. He makes it look really easy, strikes it very solid and boy can he roll the ball on the greens!

I can't imagine a better golf tournament to spectate. It has a great field, it's a nice walk and the holes parallel each other so often times you can jump over to another group.

It's really worth going to one of professional events. I think you'll really benefit from watching these great swings, pure ball striking and the tempo of their shot routines.

No comments: